JOB PROFILE FOR
MEDICAL SALES REPRESENTATIVES
Medical Sales Representatives (also called “MedReps”) are the key link between the distributor and the medical, pharmaceutical, and healthcare professionals. They understand their needs and recommend customized products & treatments to support their objectives in achieving patients’ satisfaction
With their medical knowledge and commercial sense, the “MedReps” develop the brand and achieve business growth by building and maintaining strong relationships with the doctors, driving prescriptions, and identifying new business opportunities.
Medical Sales Representatives are usually based in a specific geographical location and specialize in a particular product or medical area. They may have to make presentations and organize group events for healthcare professionals, as well as working with contacts on a one-to-one basis.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Build and drive trustworthy working relationships with doctors, GPs, pharmacists, and hospitals medical teams by understanding their needs and recommending customized products & treatments.
- Achieve monthly sales targets for Medical dedicated accounts in their area and qualitative and quantitative objectives set by the Manager.
- Visit doctors, GPs, pharmacist, and hospitals medical teams to introduce the brand with medical detailing and provide supporting technical / scientific documentation to encourage prescriptions.
- Conduct appointments (pre-arranged or “cold calling”), roundtables, conferences and events for doctors, GPs, pharmacists, and hospitals medical teams.
- Monitor sell-out and brand activity through feedback from pharmacists and propose the right action plan and commercial activities to improve outcomes.
- Ensure a healthy stock level in hospitals & pharmacies and accurate replenishment.
- Monitor competitors and market activities to identify business gaps and opportunities and report that - Find new business opportunities and introduce the brand in new accounts in line with the brand image and strategy.
- Represent the brand at professional medical events to raise brand awareness and recruit new consumers and make presentations to doctors, GPs, pharmacists, and hospitals medical teams in the retail sector. And develop strategies for increasing opportunities to meet and talk to contacts in the medical and healthcare sector.
- Support the administrative staff as needed.
- Keeping detailed records of all contacts.
- Planning work schedules and weekly and monthly timetables. This may involve working with the area sales team or discussing future targets with the Sales Manager.
- Regularly attending company meetings, technical data presentations and briefings.
Knowledge and Experience
- Proven work experience as a Medical Sales Representative or a similar position and in a related field.
- Medical knowledge.
- Good knowledge of the working area.
- Basic computer and MS Office knowledge (we work on a tablet on the daily).
- Ability to deal with people who hold differing beliefs or values in an outgoing and persuasive manner.
- Ability to work in a flexible environment and to adapt to changes quickly.
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent selling, negotiation, and communication skill
- Analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Prioritizing, good time management and organizational skills
- Show determination, confidence, and persistence
- Show patience and self-motivation.
- Strong teamwork and networking skills.
- Adaptability and flexibility skills.
- Relationship management skills and openness to feedback.
- Professionalism and strong work ethic.
- Oral and written communications skills in Arabic and English. Any other languages are a definite asset.
The candidate must have a valid driver’s license and own a car.
|Job Category||Sales & Marketing|